Dr Rose has significant experience and expertise in treating the following emotional problems:
- Anxiety & Stress: including worry, panic attacks, health anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, phobias etc.
- Anger and aggression: including aggression directed towards oneself (self-harm) and/or others.
- Adjustment difficulties: such as adjusting to living with a physical health condition; loss or change of role, e.g. job, parenting stage, relationship breakdown or bereavement.
- Complicated grief: including difficulty coming to terms with the loss of a loved one for an extended length of time.
- Depression: including low mood and hopelessness about the future.
- Eating disorders: including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and orthorexia nervosa (preoccupation with eating healthy food).
- Interpersonal problems: including long standing problems getting along with others, initiating and maintaining relationships.
- Low self-esteem: including feelings of not being good enough and/or having failed.
- Paranoia, hearing voices and psychosis: this may include difficulties associated with Bipolar Disorder or Schizophrenia.
- Personality disorder: such as Borderline Personality Disorder, including problems managing how you respond to critcism, rejection and/or abandonment which may result in reckless and impulsive behaviour.
- Problematic ways of coping: such as self-harm, substance use, eating disorders, aggression/violence.
- Relationship difficulties: including relationship breakdown, commitment issues, infidelity (for both individuals and couples).
Trauma: including post-traumatic stress disorder and long standing traumatic difficulties relating to childhood abuse and/or traumatic life events.
- Sleep difficulties: such as insomnia.
Sometimes you may not be able to categorise your problems or identify exactly what it is you feel that you are struggling with. If this is the case for you, Dr Rose will be able to help you explore your current difficulties and develop a clearer understanding of what it is that is bothering you in order that you can find strategies to alleviate your distress.